Explore the blog
Monday, February 2, 2015

Distress Ink distress?

Getting back into crafting after a few months absence wasn't quite as easy as I thought. The phrase, "It's just like riding a bike," didn't really apply to me.

For my first attempt, I wanted to make a sympathy card for my friend Rachael's parents. Her grandmother had just passed away and I wanted to do something for them since they have always been so nice to me and have opened their home to me on numerous occasions.

I decided to spring out the old Ranger Distress Inks box and see if I could blend some colors. This attempt was the third (third time's a charm, right?) because I was never satisfied with my blending skills. It's like I forgot the technique! The colors came out splotchy or too dark. Finally, after some test runs (which I just should have done in the first place...) I was satisfied with the outcome.



For this card, I blended Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, and Vintage Photo. I pretty much use Vintage Photo on everything because I love the look it gives to the paper. The flower stamp is from Hero Arts and I wanted the bouquet in the middle to look clearer than the ones on the side.

It was a valiant effort, but it did get my feet wet so to speak. I just needed some time to bond with my paper again. (Yes, I bond with my crafts. Paper sings to me!) I know you crafters know what I'm talking about.




Would you like to comment?