Explore the blog
Friday, June 13, 2014

Pink Elephants

For my birthday, my boyfriend and I spent the day in the city and of course we just HAD to stop by The Ink Pad. I can seriously spend hours in that store. He bought me the cutest Penny Black elephant stamp and I used it right away for a birthday card. I find that I am pretty obsessed with Penny Black lately. Their critters are just SO adorable and really perfect for Copic coloring.

This birthday card was made for my boyfriend's coworker, Teresa. I met her once at a movie premiere (they work at Blue Sky Studios) and she was one of the nicest people I met that night. I was glad I had a brand spanking new stamp for her card.




Remember when I had made a promise to stop buying paper? I sorta broke that pretty quickly. (Happy to say though, I haven't purchased any this month! Woo-hoo!) The pink background is from a small 6x6 paper pad I bought at Michael's. I used the Elegant Edges cartridge to cut out the scalloped oval that Pinkie the Elephant is stamped on (mind you, I don't think that's his official name, but I'm going with it). It still looked a bit too plain for me so I used the distress ink, Worn Lipstick for the edges. Lastly, adding a purple bow and three jewel accents on the bottom corner, I felt like this card was complete.

Along with my no paper buying rule, I may have to start curbing my Penny Black obsession. We'll see....


Would you like to comment?