Explore the blog
Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sunshine and Happiness

I had to create a thank-you card for someone and I wanted it to be extra special. I also wanted a reason to break out the Copics again. I recently bought these fun sunflower clear stamps and I wanted to try them out. I should have taken pictures of the many attempts. I first tried a pinkish/yellowish scheme, but my card was looking too much like Candyland! I decided perhaps natural colors would be best.






I used a Martha Stewart paper puncher to trim the white card stock and the orange background. I then decided to very lightly, sponge some antique photo distress ink on the edges. It's barely noticeable in the photo though. The sentiment was from a $1 pile I found at Michael's.

When I was stamping it, I got that Rod Stewart song, Forever Young in my head which I think is actually a cover of Bob Dylan. Go give it a listen. It'll make you smile.





Whould you like to comment?